Wednesday 13 February 2013

Getting To Know Someone Takes Time !



QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

Why did you start writing?
I felt the time was right with the advent of ebook publishing. Not having to hawk around my work to book publishers was another major turning point : now the consumer gets to decide.

What do you think makes your genre special?
Short stories are the next big thing because they are cheaper to buy and don’t take so long to read. Obvious but very important in a world where not so many people have the time to read a normal sized book anymore.

What do you think makes a great story?
To make the story engage the reader and make them want to read to the last page.

What is your latest book called and could you explain to us in 20 words what it is about?
It’s called “Social Media Anxiety Disorder and the Strange Case of Will Newman” – it’s about social media (facebook, twitter etc) and it’s growing influence on our lives.

Which kind of reader do you think will enjoy your book?
Hopefully everyone but especially the younger generation who have grown up in the shadow of social media.

Is it a Standalone, or part of the series? If it the latter, how long do you think will it go on?
I will wait to see how it sells and what the demand is for another similar story.

What influenced or inspired you writing it?
I was influenced to write this because I don’t see any stories out there in the market that reflect the influence of social media. If there are, they tend to be medical essays or fact sheets. There are no real to life stories out there that I was able to find.

What was the hardest part for you working on your book?
Well, it’s my longest short story so far (15 thousand words) so I guess it was making it all work together. I always find the beginning and end of the story the hardest.

Where can we find more about you and your books?
Well I publish on smashwords and amazon which means all my 5 books are available on most formats. Most importantly they are on ibooks and amazon kindle.

Any last words?
Don’t become too addicted to your facebook or twitter status.  

No comments:

Post a Comment